Welcome to the grants homepage. On here you will find all the information you will need to apply for a Community Action Grant.
During his term Hardyal Dhindsa, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire will share £275,000 per year among community safety organisations that support his Police and Crime Plan Priorities. These include
- Working to keep the most vulnerable in our communities safe from crime and harm and supporting those who unfortunately find themselves a victim of crime
- Working to provide strong and effective partnership working
- Working to tackle the impact of drugs and alcohol on communities
- Supporting those with Mental Health issues, including those with learning difficulties, who come into contact with the Criminal Justice System, as victim or offender, to get the right support, from the right agencies at the right time
- Working with young people, including those who have been either victims of crime or offenders, to understand their needs an prevent them becoming involved in criminal activities
- Working with the Constabulary to develop the policing family to be more representative of the diverse communities it serves
- Working with the Constabulary and partners to maximise the opportunities from developments in technology
He has invited community groups, non-profit making organisations and third sector organisations to work with him to deliver his priorities at a local level.
“It is my belief that projects conceived and delivered at a grassroots level can make a huge difference to public safety, boost feelings of safety and reassurance and improve the quality of life overall.
“My grants scheme will enable community groups to achieve this by taking control of specific community problems and developing bespoke solutions that will improve life for everyone, both now and in the long-term.”
Large grants of between £2,501 and £25,000 will be available once during the year while smaller grants of up to £2,500 will be allocated three times per year. All successful grants will run for a maximum 12-month period.
If you have any questions regarding your funding application, please call the Grants Officer for a pre-application discussion on 0300 122 6006.
Applications are invited for Large Grants as follows:
Timescale: Large Grants
|Round|| Applications open|| Applications close||Decisions by||Project to commence by|
||1st October 2016
||30th November 2016
1st April 2017
||1st October 2017
||30th November 2017
1st April 2018
||1st October 2018
||30th November 2018
1st April 2019
||1st October 2019
||30th November 2019
1st April 2020
Grant applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Applications for Small Grants, depending on your browser you may have to download this document. (Please note, this link will take you to a PDF version of the Small Grant Application Form. A Word version is available at the bottom of this page if required.)
Small Grants can be made up to three times per financial year for up to £2,500. Applications received will be fully assessed and final decisions will be communicated by the end of the month of the application deadline. Application dates are detailed below.
Timescale: Small Grants
|Round|| Applications close|| Decisions by||Agreements in place by||Projects commence by|
||1st November 2016
||30th November 2016
||1st March 2017
||31st March 2017
||1st July 2017
||31st July 2017
||1st November 2017
||30th November 2017
||1st March 2018
||31st March 2018
||1st July 2018
||31st July 2018
||1st November 2018
||31st November 2018
||1st March 2019
||31st March 2019
||1st July 2019
||31st July 2019
||1st November 2019
||31st November 2019
Applications received after the deadline date will be considered in the next round.
Please note that the information provided may be subject to a Freedom of Information request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. (Please refer to Grant Standard Conditions – para 29.)
Applications forms, along with grant guidance and condition information can be accessed below. There is also a copy of the Commissioner's new draft Police & Crime Plan which contains his strategic objectives.
For more information about the Grant Awards from 2015-16 please click on the link above
For more information about the NICE fund from 2015 please click on the link above
Community Action Grant Leaflet
Large Grant Application Form (PDF Version) (Word Version)
Small Grant Application Form (PDF Version) (Word Version)
Guidance and Information
Large Grant Budget Guidance
Small Grant Budget Guidance
Grant Standard Conditions
Police & Crime Plan 2016-21