Derbyshire Constabulary and its neighbouring forces in the East Midlands have been at the forefront of collaborative policing in the UK for more than a decade.
In fact, the East Midlands Police Collaboration Programme is the largest project of its kind in the UK, serving a population of 4.5 million people living in a region of more than 6,000 square miles, an area which incorporates landmarks such as the world famous Silverstone motor racing circuit in southern Northamptonshire, the Lincolnshire coast to the east and the Peak District National Park at its north-western edge.
Under the collaboration arrangements, the 5 forces of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire are working together in many different areas vital to policing, ranging from major crime investigation through to IT infrastructure.
|East Midlands Special Operations Unit|
|Involves all five forces providing specialist crime services relating to Major Crime Investigation, Organised Crime Group Management, Forensic Services and Intelligence to name but a few.|
|East Midlands Collaborative Human Resources, Learning and Development|
(EMCHRS L & D)
|Operates across Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire providing cost-effective and innovative solutions to learning needs for policing. In addition, an Occupational Health Service forms part of this arrangement|
|East Midlands Legal Services (EMLS)||Provides legal advice to Police and Crime Commissioners and Chief Constables across all five forces in the East Midlands region in areas such as employment, court and disciplinary, civil litigation and commercial law.|
|East Midlands Counter Terrorism Intelligence Unit|
|Provides a regional approach to tackling terrorism and the domestic extremism threat across all five forces in the East Midlands region|
|Gateway Shared Service||A Derbyshire owned service that provides transactional HR services to Leicestershire Police|
|East Midlands Regional Programme Team (EMR ESN PT)||Involves all five forces to work with national and regional partners to successfully implement the Emergency Services Network (ESN) transition from Airwave|
Regional Collaboration Agreements
You can download any of these documents and if you need any further information please contact the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
This collaboration has been extended until 31st December 2023.
- Payroll Unit (Derbys,Leics)
- EMSOU Technical Surveillance Unit (All 5 Forces)
- EMSOU Major Crime Unit (All 5 forces)
- EMSOU Forensic Services Unit (All 5 Forces)
- EMSOU Serious and Organised Crime Unit (All 5 Forces)
- EMSOU Fraud and Financial Investigation (All 5 Forces)
- EMSOU Special Branch (All 5 Forces)
- EM Legal Services (All 5 Forces)
- EMCHRS Occupational Health Unit (All 5 Forces)
- EMCHRS Learning and Development (Derbys, Leics, Northants, Notts)
- Digital Interview Recording (Derbys, Leics, Northants, Notts)
- Deputy Chief Constable (All 5 Forces)
- Cross Border Operations (All 5 Forces)
- EMR ESN PT Programme Team (All 5 Forces)
- National Collaboration regarding property and wireless telegraphy interference
- Criminal Justice Service – ICT Provision Collaboration summary (All 5 Forces and City of London)
- Criminal Justice Service – Review, Retention amd Detention summary (All 5 Forces and City of London)
- Criminal Justice Service – Data Quality Team summary (All 5 Forces and City of London)
National Collaboration Agreements
- National Police Collaboration Agreement – Section 22a Agreement
- Modern Slavery Police Transformation Programme – Section 22a Agreement
N.B – Collaboration Agreements are uploaded ASAP.