QUALITY ASSURANCE FRAMEWORK AWARDS 2018/19
Derbyshire were awarded a Platinum standard in May 2019, reflecting the professionalism of the Scheme and the outstanding standard of custody visiting and volunteer management within Derbyshire. Derbyshire were one of only two schemes to achieve this nationally.
WHAT IS THE QUALITY ASSURANCE FRAMEWORK?
ICVA set up a Quality Assurance Framework which is a tool which helps schemes to:
- Reflect on how they comply with the Code of Practice
- Celebrates areas of strength
- Promotes Custody Visiting and the achievements they have made
- Drives up the performance of schemes
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Schemes were asked to assess themselves against the criteria for each level, being:
- Code Compliant - Schemes meet statutory requirements and basic volunteer standards
- Silver - Schemes provide a good standard of custody visiting and volunteer management
- Gold - Schemes provide an excellent standard of custody visiting and volunteer management
- Platinum - Schemes provide an outstanding standard of custody visiting and volunteer management
For silver and Gold claims, schemes must get their submission peer assessed and for a platinum award to be given ICVA will assess the submission.